25 super-distressed and extreme-ripped jeans outfits for guys
The ripped or distressed style of jeans is no stranger to the men’s world of fashion, you must be familiar with them, these are jeans with one or two holes, and few scrapings and frays here and there, and possibly some fading. But what about a pair of jeans with lots of rips, shreds, and gaping holes with skin peeping out? These uber-distressed and uber-ripped jeans do feel like distressing gone too far to some guys, and some versions might have scared you off altogether. If you are in the mood to satisfy your quirky sense of style this time, then a pair of extreme-ripped jeans might float your boat! And these uber-distressed and extreme-ripped jeans outfit ideas will provide you the inspiration.
Like most guys, you must have dismissed them as inelegant, unclassy, screaming loud, and oddball at some point. But times have changed, these raggy jeans have finally earned the popularity and respect they deserve, yes deserve!
This style of jeans is a thing for the bold and confident, but this doesn’t mean not everyone can pull them off. You only need to cast off your inhibitions, be extra-bold and maybe, fight off some stares.
How to style extreme-ripped jeans?
What actually are extreme-ripped jeans?
These extravagantly distressed jeans go by a number of monikers, super ripped jeans, heavily distressed jeans, all-over ripped jeans, uber-ripped jeans, and uber-distressed jeans. Phew! Was that exhaustive? But hey, don’t be scared away from all these names, they are just names, and styling a pair of these jeans is not a byzantine ballgame at all!
As described earlier, ripped jeans are no stranger to the men’s fashion game, but these extreme-ripped jeans are a bit different. We define extreme-ripped jeans as those with more than two flesh-baring holes and some frayings.
Styling these uber-ripped jeans:
This style can look extremely good on guys who know how to wear them confidently. So these big holes and peeping skin shouldn’t scare you out of your wits, super-ripped jeans can look good on you too. These 25 extreme-ripped/ distressed and destroyed jeans outfit ideas can provide you the inspiration and courage you need to rock this style of denim.
If you are looking to style these extreme-ripped and raggy jeans and want to take your ripped jeans game to the next level here are a few tips:
- Start with the right pair of jeans: Not all ripped jeans are created equal. So if you want to achieve a truly extreme look, you’ll need to find a pair of jeans that are already heavily distressed, frayed, and tattered. It’s not advisable to DIY it as a beginner, as you can easily go wrong with it.
- Choose the right top: When styling extreme-ripped jeans, you have to choose a top that will balance out the look. A simple, solid-colored T-shirt or button-down shirt is a good option. You can also try layering a tank top or a tee underneath your shirt for extra warmth.
- Add some accessories: Accessories can help to take your outfit to the next level. Try adding a watch, necklace, or bracelet to your look. You can also add a hat or sunglasses to keep the sun out of your eyes. Or opt for a bandana for extra style points.
- Choose the right occasion: Extreme-ripped jeans are not appropriate for all occasions. If you’re going to a job interview or a formal event, it’s best to choose a different pair of jeans. They are best as an off-duty street-style option, or you can wear them to a music concert or a sports festival.
- Be aware of the weather: Extreme-ripped jeans will expose you to the chilly winds of winter, so they’re best for wearing in warm weather. If you’re going to be outside in cold weather, you’ll want to wear a pair of jeans that is more insulated and offers more coverage.
- Be confident and be prepared for stares: Extreme-ripped jeans are sure to turn heads, so be prepared for people to stare at you. If you’re not comfortable with attention and scrutinizing, you may want to choose a different pair of jeans. And if you do go ahead with your extreme-ripped jeans, do it with confidence.
With these tips in mind, you can rock extreme-ripped raggy jeans with confidence. So go out there and show the world your unique style!
25 extreme ripped jeans outfits for guys
Outfit # 1
Outfit # 2
Outfit # 3
Outfit # 4
Outfit # 5
Outfit # 6
Outfit # 7
Outfit # 8
Outfit # 9
Outfit # 10
Outfit # 11
Outfit # 12
Outfit # 13
Outfit # 14
Outfit # 15
Outfit # 16
Outfit # 17
Outfit # 18
Outfit # 19
Outfit # 20
Outfit # 21
Outfit # 22
Outfit # 23
Outfit # 24
Outfit # 25
What are extremely ripped jeans called?
These extremely ripped jeans go by a number of names. Some businesses prefer the term “all-over ripped jeans for these excessively ripped jeans, some others simply market them as ripped and destroyed jeans. Super-ripped or super-distressed jeans are other terms commonly used to describe jeans with many holes and shreds. If a pair of jeans has 3 or more see-through holes then it qualifies for this moniker, extremely ripped jeans.
What can I wear with very ripped jeans?
Anything that goes with a typical pair of jeans can work with the extremely ripped jeans but it’s better to pair them with a slightly dressier top. This will somewhat tone down the “extremeness” of this style. A Polo shirt, a tee, or any light jacket will do just fine with super-ripped jeans. Introduce something better than normal as a top to multiply the raw charm of this style. Use minimalist athletic shoes or sneakers depending on the fit of the jeans.
Are super ripped jeans in style for men?
Yes, they are. This rugged and carefree style of denim has been adopted by fashion influencers and models on Instagram, the likes of Rowan Row, and scores of other big names. It’s true, that not all men are comfortable in these super distressed jeans but more and more guys are giving them a shot and they have become quite on-trend in 2022.
How ripped is too ripped?
There is no magical number or a rule of thumb to follow in this regard. It depends on your personal preferences and taste. Usually, a pair of jeans will be considered too ripped if the holes and shreds it features expose more skin than the fabric covers. Some strategically placed rips will look great but as they say excess of everything is wrong, these good holes if too many can significantly dampen the wow factor of your super-ripped jeans.
How to stop my super-ripped jeans from ripping more?
If you have achieved that excessively ripped and destroyed look at home by using your internet-acquired DIY skills then you run the risk of developing these rips into big tearing holes.
No one wants to come out of their super-ripped jeans butt-naked by accident, so you are rightly concerned about your pair of jeans that is already too ripped. It’s better to buy a pair of jeans from the market that is amply ripped rather than messing with it at home. If you have done some ripping at home then get some sewing done by the tailor to consolidate these frays and rips. Opt for a relatively relaxed fit when wearing this super-distressed style of denim, because if your super-ripped jeans are super-skinny they will be prone to unwanted ripping.